B&G to Host Thursday, May 21, 2020 from Noon - 1 PM.
Most residential and light commercial zoning jobs don’t require an engineering degree. You just need to have a good basic grasp of what’s going on in the system.
BOAC MEMBERS and GUESTS ARE INVITED TO LEARN MORE!
Join Bell & Gossett, a Xylem brand, to learn basic “Rules of Thumb” that will take the guesswork out of simple zoning applications. Using these “Rules of Thumb,” the non-engineer can easily determine the required pipe sizes, pumps and baseboard without relying on complicated calculations. These simple tricks of the trade will help you figure out your next zoning job in no time at all.
Attendees of Part 1 of this two-part webinar will learn five “Rules of Thumb” that will allow them to quickly determine the systems required flow rate, how to size pipe based on maximum flows and how to understand heat carrying capacity of pipes. Examples on how to apply these rules will be provided.
During this one-hour webinar, Xylem will:
- Review basic terms used in hydronic systems
- Demonstrate how to calculate the required system flow rate
- Outline the maximum flow rate for a given pipe size
- Discuss how much heat a pipe will carry
- Illustrate maximum baseboard length for a given loop
Stan Kutin is currently an instructor at Bell & Gossett’s Little Red Schoolhouse. He is responsible for supporting and developing content for a wide variety of training initiatives. In addition to his background as an instructor, Stan has extensive product development and application experience with centrifugal pumps and balancing valve products. He has been with Bell & Gossett for 23 years.
Bell & Gossett Webinar Quick Facts
- Date: Thursday, May 21
- Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
- Topic: Zoning Made Easy Part 1
- Agenda: Bell & Gossett will lead a 45-minute presentation followed by an interactive 15-minute Q&A session
Use this link to sign up: