Jones Lang LaSalle - Lead Operating Engineer
Job Posted on March, 18th, 2021 at 4:23 pm by
Contact Listing Agent
11080 CirclePoint Road, Suite 420, Westminster, CO 80020
Reports To: Facility Manager
Click here to open pdf – Lead OE Job Posting
Summary of Job Description:
The Lead Operating Engineer supervises, leads, and supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Ensures that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands-on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Plans and manages budget, allowing for appropriate control over, and utilization of institutional resources.
- Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials, and performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Journeyman license/certificate in electricity, plumbing, or HVAC or EPA Universal Certification required
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check.
- Special knowledge and skills – Experience with HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation
- Minimum of five years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical with at least 2 years in a lead or supervisory role
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to comply with both JLL and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
- Candidate must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and internet usage and navigation