Job Posted on March, 10th, 2021 at 8:33 am byContact Listing Agent
View the full job post here: Maintenance Helper – Engineer
Applicants must email interest and resume to Damon Powell.
Competitive wages and benefits to eligible employees, including Medical and Dental Insurance
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays, Compensation Range: $50K – $60K.
• Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure safe operation of
• Performs assigned repairs, emergency, and preventative maintenance. Reviews assigned work orders. Completes maintenance and repair calls dispatched within the CMMS as required.
• Operates building electrical systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with government regulatory compliance and standard operating procedures. Maintains the building lighting system, including element, driver, and ballast repairs or replacements.
• Performs maintenance in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s requirements.
• Performs carpentry, furniture assembly, drywall repair/painting, plumbing repairs/toilet
unclogging/drain cleaning as requested from Facilities Manager and Chief Engineer or others.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards and
• Perform emergency or preventative maintenance repairs off-hours or as directed during nights
and/or weekends and holidays as needed.
• Maintenance / Operating Engineer should have a High school diploma or equivalent. The
Maintenance / Operating Engineer will have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with
commercial building operating systems and general building maintenance procedures.
• Communication Skills:
• The Maintenance/Operating Engineer will have the ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to explain issues in a clear and basic format dealing with operational and mechanical systems. Ability to effectively present information to site manager and chief engineer.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exist. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
• Includes stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs/ladders, and ability to lift/carry heavy
loads of 50 lbs. or more.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written, oral, or
diagram form. The Operating Engineer shall have the ability to deal with problems involving
several variables in standardized situations, while being able to rationalize problems and critical
issues with some senior engineering and/or management input.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Uses personal computer and/or PDA for work order system, email, and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Outlook. Basic skills in operating hand and power tools, power lifts, scaffolding,
ladders, and be able to read digital meters and voltage testers. Also, must have the ability to troubleshoot, with assistance from the Chief Engineer, building systems to include electric and pneumatic controls and understand how to interpret blueprints and schematics.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Colliers or requested by the Client or required by this position as a Maintenance/Operating Engineer.